TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR “Purina Pet Adoption Program”
1. Purina Pet Adoption Program (hereinafter referred to as ‘Program’) is conducted by Purina Petcare India Limited (hereinafter referred to as ‘Purina India’) having its registered at 100 / 101, World Trade Centre, Barakhamba Lane, New Delhi – 110001 and head office at Nestlé House, Jacaranda Marg, ‘M’ Block, DLF City, Phase-II, Gurgaon - 122002, Haryana, India.
2. Program Period: The Program shall run for the whole of campaign period commencing from 1st June 2021 at 00:00 hours and concluding on 31st December 2021 at 23:59 hours, (hereinafter referred to as ‘Term’).
- Pet: Only the dogs and cats across all breeds and age-groups, that are allowed to be domesticated in India.
- Pet Owner: One who owns a pet.
- Pet Shelter: Agency/Individuals having pets and willing to give them for adoption or sale to the aspiring Pet Owners Pet owner and Pet Sheter are individually or collectively referred to as the Participant or Participants as the case may be.
4. Pet Owners Eligibility: (i) The pet owners(s) must be a citizen of India; residing in India. Residents of other countries and non- Indian citizens are not eligible to participate.
5. Purina India is creating a platform via www.purina.in/petadoption for connecting / facilitating Pet Shelters to pet owners under Pet Adoption Program. Under no circumstances, Purina India is involved in the sale of pets or any other activity of whatso ever nature including not limited to any revenue generation.
6. The purchase of products sold by Purina India is not required for participating in the process
7. All transactions on pet adoptions/acquisitions as well as the commercials are directly between the Pet Shelter and the pet owners. Under any circumstances, Purina India is neither responsible nor liable for adoptions / acquisitions / commercials between the Pet Shelter and the Pet Owners.
8. Program criteria
a) The aspiring pet owners who wish to adopt or purchase pets by reaching out to the pet shelters though Purina India’s online platform
b) Pet Shelters who are willing to list the pets available with them for sale/adoption through Purina India, on Purina India’s website
A. Program Participation for the Pet Shelters: a. Step 1: Agree to all the Terms & Conditions
b. Step 2: Shares the list of pets available for purchase/adoption with Purina India’s sales team
c. Step 3: Updates the list immediately with Purina India’s sales team after every purchase/ adoption/demise of a pet.
B. Program Participation for Pet Owners:
a. Step 1: Go to www.purina.in/petadoption
b. Step 2: To select from filters like Location, Age and Breed and search for pet adoption/purchase
c. Step 3: To go to a pet listing and click on “I am Interested”
d. Step 4: Agree to all the Terms & Conditions
e. Step 5: To Get contact details of the Pet Shelter to take the conversation forward
f. Step 6: Any agreements and / or documentation are required to be negotiated and / or entered between the Pet Shelter and the pet owners only. Purina India has no role / responsibility of whatsoever nature.
9. The Pet Owner agrees to be bound by the terms, including in particular those relating to the collection, retention, use and sharing of personal data.
10. As a part of the program, Purina India might collect personal contact information from participants like name, postal address, e-mail address, social network details or phone number for marketing and quality testing purposes.
11. The Pet Shelter will be responsible for informing Purina India about the details of pets available with them for adoption or sale; so as to put them on Purina India’s website. They also need to ensure that the listing for acquired, deceased or missing pets are removed by informing Purina India
12. The Pet Shelters are required to post only pets that are directly in their care, or that they have received permission to post. If any post belongs to someone or some other organization without their consent / approval, such post would get automatically removed without any notice.
13. It is the Pet Shelters’ responsibility to take care of all the legal formalities while getting into an agreement with the pet Owners for selling or giving it for adoption.
15. Your personal data as collected by Purina India’s associates/partners or affiliates shall pass your personal data to Purina India. Your personal data shall be administered and treated as per Purina India’s privacy and data collection guidelines. Such data collected and retained may be used by Purina India and or its related associates/partners/ affiliates for marketing, internal study, and data analysis purposes.
16. Purina India encourages you to read the privacy notice of any such company before sharing personal data. If you do not want your personal data to be collected by or shared with a company other than Purina India, you can always choose not to participate in such activity. If you do opt-in to communications from such a company, remember that you always have the right to opt-out and you would need to contact that company directly to do so.
17. If you have any questions or comments regarding this Privacy Notice or the personal data collection practices, please contact us by sending an email Generic.INDataPrivacy01@IN.nestle.com
18. By participating in the Program, each participant agrees to hold harmless Purina India and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents, as well as all others associated with the development and execution of this Program, from and against any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from this Program, the awarding and use, misuse or possession of the prize, including liability for personal injury, except where prohibited or limited by law.
19. Purina India reserves the right at sole its discretion to decide the content to be displayed on the website and / or to change the terms and conditions of this Program and / or to alter or terminate the Program at any time without prior notice. The link with an updated version of the terms and conditions will be available on www.purina.in/petadoption.
20. Purina India/Agency shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations mentioned herein, caused by any pandemic, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, war, riots, political unrest, civil commotion, terrorist attacks, or any other event amounting to Force Majeure and beyond their control.
21. The Program is not available (void) where prohibited by any law. All relevant national and local laws apply. All disputes to be settled within the jurisdiction of the Courts in Delhi only.
22. By participating in the Program, each participant specifically accepts as follows (a) that he/she/they has/have fully read and understood all the terms and conditions and be unconditionally bound by them b) that he/she/they satisfies/satisfy the eligibility requirements under these rules c) that he/she shall honour all decisions of Purina India with regard to the Program and its interpretation and not challenge them (e) to comply with all Central, State, Local Laws and Regulations.
23. For any queries, please reach out to Purina India on 1800 102 7910. Lines are open from Monday to Friday between 10:30 am & 6:30 pm & on Saturday 10am to 2pm, excluding public & bank holidays. You can also write to them at email@example.com